Friday, April 12, 2013

DAK (Dutch Army Knife) model 1993

It took me a while before I could get my hands on one of these. The more recent DAK (model 2010) is widely available, but finding the 93 model for an affordable price was a real challenge. These knives are almost always used, and with a military knife this means ABused! I was lucky to find one for 20 Euro in mint condition. It is basicaly a Centurion without the toothpick and tweezers and has the military serialnumber stamped on the back of the main blade. This type uses a dual linerlock... This means that the main blade and the large flathead screwdriver can be locked when fully opened. This is one rough knife. The large blade, combined with all the major tools, makes this a great edc, and I can imagine that the military guys out there love this knife! This 111mm model consists of two layers with caplifter, can-opener, large blade, screwdriver and awl. One thing is missing imho... the one hand-opening... 









5 comments: