Thursday, March 14, 2013

Denmark Alox Bantam

A few weeks ago I read a topic on the multitool.org site about a Danish knifeshop. Everyone was surprised to see that the shop had some exclusive Vics. They had dark-green and black Bantams, Cadets and Classics, all with the red shield. They looked gorgeous and pretty soon the shop was whelmed with orders from all over the world. I couldn't resist and ordered the green Bantam. Shipping costed me half the value of the knife, but it was worth it! The reason they have these knives is that Denmark has a law against larger sized pocketknives (UPDATE: They have a limited pocket knife size of 91mm. That's why they can't import the alox series of 93mm and the 111mm-line). Therefor Denmark can't import the 111mm line and misses out a lot of models. Victorinox made on demand of Danish shops a special Alox line... Thank God they did! ;) They all come in the classic cardboard box, but with a nice print on top. Here's a link to the shop's Alox division : THE GOODSTUFF SHOP






6 comments:

  1. Any idea where else I can get one of these? Looks like that shop is sold out

    ReplyDelete
  2. Any idea where else I can get one of these? Looks like that shop is sold out

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for the late reply... According to mutitool.org this is a serie especially made for the strict Denmark knife laws, so I think this serie will continue... I'm currently looking for any other online shops with these in stock. I'll post it here if I find any. I hope you do the same... ;)

      Delete