Sunday, November 11, 2012

Another flea-market...

Once again a flea market with a lot potential (over 150 stands), but not one single Victorinox. A few imitations got my attention, and for a split second I was even hesitating.. I wanted to buy a pocket knife so bad, that the Chinese made ones even got tempting. Instead I bought a few German made pocket knives. Nice ones with a few drawbacks... The main blades were over-sharpened. A few hours later, they were as new. Polished, cleaned, lubricated, but still with the damaged blades. Two of them have, as far as my knowledge reaches, an imitation MOP handle (Mother Of Pearl). I hope it's real, but the silicone top layer makes me think it's an imitation.  One of them has , strange enough, not one single marking on the blades. There's nothing to retreive any info. It intrigues me, because it looks very old, but the backspring operates like new. The blades are in very good shape. The price was a laugh actualy... The one on top was 2 euro and the only Spanish one. The rest was German made and around 1.50 euro. The bottom one is the one without any labels, or logo. I hope that the two on top are genuine MOP-handles! If you have any info about these knives, please let me now...

No comments:

Post a Comment